So long, summer projects

Posted by Wood | Sunday, September 13, 2009 | 2 comments »

Jim finally uploaded all the pictures that have been sitting on my camera for the last few months. I am amazed when I see all these other bloggers taking these beautiful photos and getting them online within seconds. Even when I do manage to take pictures, I'm pretty incompetent when it comes to getting them onto the computer. After a few months of trying to force me to figure it out on my own, Jim has finally caved and seems to be willing to do it for me. Success!

Unfortunately, for more than a month I haven't shared a project even though I've been working on tons of stuff. I loved making summer clothes for the kids this year, and when I packed to go on our recent vacation, I realized that almost all of the clothes our daughter wore this summer were things I'd made. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that four-year-old girls are the perfect client for a sewing mom --- years from now she is going to stick up her nose at my handmade creations and beg me to just buy her some clothes at the mall already, GOD. But for now, she prefers a wardrobe sewn by mom:

I'm full of ideas for fall and winter clothes for both kids, and I am tempted to finally learn to knit. I think we have a few more days left for the summer wardrobe, but soon I'll be putting all this into boxes.

(These pictures are also on flickr, and I wrote some notes for each of the items there.)

2 comments

  1. Anonymous // September 16, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

    Beautiful creations you have hanging there, especially the one with the legs dangling! (I'm just finishing up a project with the seahorse/octopus fabric myself. It's made me happier than I'd have thought to have those tentacles waving at me when I sit down to sew.)

    Please do post more!

  2. Anonymous // September 16, 2009 at 12:36 PM  

    Learning how to sew well enough to send my daughter off to kindergarten with two weeks worth of handmade outfits is on my "life list."

    I love it when you share these projects with us. I hate it when husbands insist we learn some dumb piece of technology or how to use some stupid tool, when all we want is to have the thing done. Tell Jim to cave sooner next time.