The weekend before last we swung by the Michigan Fiber Festival at the beautiful Allegan County Fairgrounds on its final day. If you are a knitter, I highly recommend finding a festival like this in your area. It really gives you a sense of the entire industry, from the farmers (who brought hundreds of sheep, goats, rabbits, alpacas, and even a camel) to the spinners and dyers. And with hundreds of vendors, it was almost overwhelming (in a good way). What I found most exciting was seeing how much growth I still have to do in this hobby, and it made me excited for what I get to learn next. Here are a few pictures that I took with my phone (and some that Jim took with his much-better camera, while he wasn't sitting down by the river with the kids waiting for me).


Emo Llama wants you to know how depressed he is now that those fascists took his winter coat.

[last year's Woodcraft Field Trip: Stonehedge Fiber Mill]

0 comments